good deal on small canister

Maximus

I'm starting to get weird over this, so I thought I'd ask in here..

I want to set up a canister for my latest 30 gal. It is in the bedroom, so QUIET is a major factor, and minimal maintenance.

I want to do it for less than a $hundred, since I could go HOB for $35, or powerheads.. I'd rather tackle a DIY than spend half a paycheck..

I've tried pisces, not thrilled .. Had a small ehiem for $99, in a baddly tattered box. There was a broken piece in there from somewhere.. :cry:

Riverfront had some fluvals, marked up 40 % so they could put 'em on sale for 25% off... Same with the penn plax.. Petsmart has fluvals (204) for $88, but are they quiet? worth it?

Anyone know where I can find what I'm looking for?

I have a Fluval 304 that is very quite. You can hear a slight hum but that's it.

I also have an AC 500 that I bought used that's a little noisey. I don't mean the splashing either, I mean the vibration of it. I keep the lid off to keep the noise down, but it's still a lot louder than the fluval.

Ijust noticed this - it doesn't say if it's sold or not.

Edited by johnsmith

Ya. Thanks guys for the help.

I am thinking I would rather get a used Ehiem than a new fluval.

Johnsmith.. Yeah all my HOBs tend to rattle a bit.. Maybe wrapping the coil in foam would help.. Haven't tried.... But I also want to avoid HOBs for space behind the tank.. Preferrably none. I haven't built the stand yet, and an HOB would screw up some of my current plans.. Not out of the question, tho..

No dice on Chums, calling Golds in a minute...

Maybe I will call pisces and throw a crazy offer at them for that tattered box... I don't even know the model # but it is a tiny thing... smaller than the 2215.