New Crenicichla Regani :)

Funky_Fish14

Well, there was a tank full of these guys at an LFS for a little while... since i love pike cichlids... I had to have some, haha. Picked them up a few days ago. My first true dwarf species (from the wallaci group). The rest of my pikes are groups lugubris & one from reticulata.

Here they are, its a male and a female (female has the dorsal ocelli). They are both... around 2.3 inches long, the male might be 3. The female knew was was up and had no problem posing, the male was hiding in the pipe, lol.

Without further adue!

IMG00030-20100603-2232.jpg

IMG00043-20100603-2236.jpg

IMG00036-20100603-2233.jpg

IMG00039-20100603-2234.jpg

The male is as colourful as the female, he just doesn't have the spots. Oh well.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Funky_Fish14

Oh cool! Did you guys get more than two or just two? I was thinking about getting a small group but im hoping just this pair will be fine together. They seem to be ok with eachother... sometimes they are sitting together and usually are always nearby each other.

I just got the two. They got along well and then once I started playing with the water parameters, softening and acidifying, they spawned. They have taken excellent care of their fry for the last 2 months. The fry are now able to eat adult frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms.

Ah awesome! I hear they grow really fast! And wow I didnt realize those fish had been at the store for that long! Haha. They must not have sold too many either.

What is your temp at, around 80?

I use R/O water only so I have a decent start on water params... I dont know if these regani specifically are black or white water but I presume closer to black conditions is best for spawning. I dont have time to try until I finish my spring course and finish shutting down some of my tanks.

Congrats on the spawn! How big are your adults now and the fry?