help with discus

revotoby

ive had fresh and saltwater tanks just today after all livestock and fish were out peroxided my salt tank going to flush it and cycle it for discus now what i need help with is my tank a 45 gallon 25 gallon sump tall display tank phosphate reactor 100 gallon an hour and guiesemann 250 watt mh 10000k and 2 24 watt t5s is this light to intense for them. also since i am sumped how many discus can i have in my tank and flow lift pump is puting 1000 gallon an hour cycle also have 2 vortec mp 10s 150 gallon to 2000 gallon depends on how there programed with this system for salt my water was amazing perfect all the time for over a year grew hard and soft coral with ease since ive never used a sumped tank for fresh water is it going to work the same way also. if you could help me out with this i would be very happy for your info

thanks jay

2 24 watt t5s is this light to intense for them?

It might be depending on the fish and where they come from. I'd go with less light

also since i am sumped how many discus can i have in my tank?

For Discus 10 gallons of water per Discus.

I'd say no less than 5 and no more than 6 full grown Discus in size tank

2 24 watt t5s is this light to intense for them?

It might be depending on the fish and where they come from. I'd go with less light

also since i am sumped how many discus can i have in my tank?

For Discus 10 gallons of water per Discus.

I'd say no less than 5 and no more than 6 full grown Discus in size tank

thankyou for your help so leave my mh off than. if i was to buy some fish from you can you get red dragons and pairs ?

The breeder I buy from only breeds and sells what "he" considers "premium" discus.

Discus that are known to be hard to breed and have VERY unique qualities.

He does not breed or sell the red dragons (AKA: Red Pigeon Blood or Checkerboard Pigeon)

I can breeder size and age fish and have sold a 3 to one individual. from the 3 I sold a couple weeks ago, 2 paired off and have bred twice and the 3rd paired with another fish I had sold him a few weeks prior.

A good quality PROVEN breeding pair will cost at least $400.00. when I say proven, I mean I have seen free swimming fry.

I do know of several people as of late buying "breeding pairs" from few places, however, any 2 fish can lays eggs and fertilize, no all pair can raise babies as well as be fertile.

The fish I stock now are guaranteed not to be hormone'd or sterile and are known to be of some of the best quality in the world.

The breeder I buy from only breeds and sells what "he" considers "premium" discus.

He does not breed or sell the red dragons (AKA: Red Pigeon Blood or Checkerboard Pigeon)

I can breeder size and age fish and have sold a 3 to one individual. from the 3 I sold a couple weeks ago, 2 paired off and have bred twice and the 3rd paired with another fish I had sold him a few weeks prior.

A good quality PROVEN breeding pair will cost at least $400.00. when I say proven, I mean I have seen free swimming fry.

I do know of several people as of late buying "breeding pairs" from few places, however, any 2 fish can lays eggs and fertilize, no all pair can raise babies as well as be fertile.

The fish I stock now are guaranteed not to be hormone'd or sterile and are known to be of some of the best quality in the world.

i liked the red dragons but sounds like there common. im looking for rare types. im letting my tank cycle for about a month with some plants.if you have some of the best in the world thats what im after. ive had some very rare fish my best so far is a black tang. i like bright fish so if you could give me a few ideas that would be great. if your in calgary when my tank is done cycleing i will have to take a weekend trip to calgary for some fish.

i liked the red dragons but sounds like there common. im looking for rare types. im letting my tank cycle for about a month with some plants.if you have some of the best in the world thats what im after. ive had some very rare fish my best so far is a black tang. i like bright fish so if you could give me a few ideas that would be great. if your in calgary when my tank is done cycleing i will have to take a weekend trip to calgary for some fish.

If you are looking for the rare/bright types you definitley want to go for some albino strains which I am sure Ray can help you with.

Be prepared if your going to breed, it's tough work that involves a lot of time and money!!

Edited by DiscusKeeper403

Some Albinos are considered rare, but a fish is only rare for a little while.... until others start breeding them.

If you do plan on breeding Discus, go with good quality fish and be picky for shape, size and color that way you babies will also be a good quality.

At the moment, I only carry fish bred and raised by Wayne Ng.

Wayne is VERY picky when it come to what fish he breeds and sells Only the best.

A few people have been over to my house in Calgary to see the shipment of Wayne Ng Discus and they can tell you, the pic do NOT do these fish any justice.

Edited by SourceAquatics

Do yourself a big favor.Go over to Ray's house & have a look at his fish, put on a pair of sunglasses before you go into his fish room or you'll go blind. The color on those fish is unreal & it only gets better when you get them home. I drove 250 miles to buy fish from him & I'll be doing it again soon. Yes, they are that good.