Hellow from Fort Kent

FKD

Just joining this forum. Been 'into' aquariums for a few decades now. Recently stripped down our display tank in the living room due to a slow leak, the wooden cabinet under it was wet. Never a good thing. It had a few, as in 6 smaller (3-4") butterfly koi. They have now joined their larger cousins out in the pond.

In the winter we've used a large rubbermaid tub (150 gal I think it is). I just put one of the pond pumps into this horse tough and keep the fish in the cool basement.

At some point we want to finish the basement with a proper floor - currently its concrete. I've seen the 180 gallon (72x24x24) tank, on a low stand (no more than 18" off the floor) - and think that would be great in our basement year round.

So I'm going to be looking for some advice on building a proper stand, buying a good tank, and I'd like to look into this sump thing.

Right now we'll stick with koi - we've done lots of different fish over the decades - never have tried salt water but might like too.

See you in the discussion forums.

Fort Kent Dad aka FKD