Milwaukee all-in-1 regulator

Vallisneria

Yes, though I've heard second-hand that it's a real pain. I spoke to an employee at a local pet shop who had tried this for a customer and ended up damaging the regulator. Perhaps someone with more finesse could manage just fine. After the solenoid went bad on mine, I ended up getting the rebuild portion (cord, magnet, plunger) that goes on with four screws, rather than trying to change the whole assembly.

I've taken mine apart a couple times in hopes of getting the solenoid to work again - the solenoid worked when it was off the unit, but not when I reassembled it. It still fed CO2, so I never tried just removing the solenoid. I've been told that BA's can bring in parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some issues with my solenoid valve. I noticed my bubble rate was always slowing down and having to be readjusted. When I was watching TV, at night when the lights and solenoid/CO2 should be shut off, I noticed that there were still a few bubbles coming out. Just now I decided to fiddle around with the regulator to see what the issue is and my solenoid is not working properly.

When I unplugged it the bubbles were still coming out(solenoid stuck open) and when I plugged it back in I didn't hear the usual "click" noise. I unplugged and plugged it a few times. It shut off or turned on about 50% of the time but it wasn't keeping a consistent bubble rate. It seems the valve is stuck or broken.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? If its broken and can't be fixed, can you buy replacement solenoids or just remove it all together and just use the regulator/needle valve? I"m using the Milwaukee all-in-1.

I just gave up on my solenoid and run the CO2 24/7 into a powerhead that comes on and off w. the lights. I believe My3KidsDad found out that BAs can get in replacement parts for the Milwaukee all-in-1.

Jason, is your setup the milwaukee one? So how do I go about removing the solenoid from the regulator? Just unscrew it and then attach the needle valve/bubble counter to the regulator? Won't the regulator dials(gauges?) be in the way or screwing the bubble counter on?

I left the solenoid on the system - it stays open all the time, which is why I plug it into the light timer. When I took the solenoid apart, it would open and close with power, but when I put it back together it just stays open.

huh, Not sure what to do with mine then. Mine seems seems to be stuck open but not 100%, the bubble rate varies and slows down to almost nothing but its open even when the solenoid isn't plugged in. So I can't just keep it on the system since its not doing its job properly.

I sent an email to the company. Hopefully they can help. I'd be fine with removing it totally but I dont' know how and I dont' want to damage anything. I guess I can also try taking it apart and looking at it. But again, I dont' want to break things more then they already are.

• 1 month later...

Did you get your replacement? I'm thinking that I'll be going that direction as the CO2 isn't lasting as long as I'd like.

Yes I bought the replacement off Big als online.

It was a major PAIN to put take off and put on the regulator though. I thought it would be easy but since the regulator dials are in the way you can't just unscrew it. I had to take the solenoid apart to remove it and then take the new one apart to screw it on. It was annoying. I hadn't planned on it being so hard to replace.

But its working again now. Hopefully this one last longer then a few years.