New Fluval Nano Tanks Chi Ebi and Flora

Was at Pisces and Petsmart last friday and saw the new Fluval Chi tank which is 5 gallons for $80. The filter and lights are clipped to the back and suspended in the center square that sits partially out of the water. The water is pumped up and over the top edges like a water fall to make the sounds of flowing water. Pisces has a filled one on display if anyone is interested in checking it out. Kind of neat but I think the evaporation in Calgary during the winter would be a bit of a pain in the butt since its not covered. I think I still like the Edge better.

Has anyone seen the Ebi or Flora tanks anywhere locally?? From the pictures they look to be 7-8 Gallons and the Ebi Nano Shrimp Habitat comes with tubes for critters to hide in and the Flora Aquatic Plant kit looks to come with a mini CO2 kit. I think I would be more interested in these 2 if they are covered tanks.

here are a couple links to some articles:

Chi

Chi Ebi & Flora

• 4 weeks later...

Mine Is Planted And Have Had No Problems With It And My Stock Is Shrimp ... The Filter Is More Then Good Enough To Add Oxygen To The Water .... Planting And Aquascaping Is The Hardest Part I Think .... Oh And Lighting ! Yull Need To Upgrade The Lighting . There Are Lots Of Good Diy Out There ...

Blake

Edited by The-Influence

Hey salon_1928... sorry I musta missed your post. Like The-Influence mine is a planted tank stocked with shrimp and I agree that the stock filter does the job and planting and cleaning it can be a challenge in the front corners. If you have a chunk of driftwood in there it can get in the way of a gravel vac at the front corners of the tank. I also agree that upgrading the lighting somehow is a must if you are putting plants in the tank.

You can check out our tanks in the Show off your Fluval Edge tank thread for inspiration. If you do get one please post a full tank shot in there! the more the merrier!