Re: yellow labidochromis

lilnewf

Do you want to raise babies? If no, just leave her there. If yes, move her to a small tank by herself and let her spit out the babies in three or four weeks. Option three, would be to leave her there for about 18 days and then strip her. Do a search on stripping a female (things that sound dirty in fishkeeping but really are not).

:) Thanks for the advice punman,maybe because I am in experienced with these fish but when I try to tell the male from the female and they say the male has the black dorsal and anal fin...if that is the case I would have to say it looks like the mail is carrying the eggs,does this happen????????????or I have I sexed them wrong,but regardless I have put he or she in 10 gallon tank.Thanks for the help I appreciate it................................Cory :smokey:

The only sure way to sex yellow labs is by venting them, no other way is reliable (RD has great pic's to prove this).

As punman said, put the female in a 10 gallon (or a 5, depending on what you've got); I prefer to use bare tanks with a tetra billi sponge filter (you don't want one that rests on the bottom b/c I've lost fry under them). She may not carrying to term; this isn't unusual with first spawners, and some fish can take 3-4 times before they finally catch on and hold the entire time.

If you get fry, I'd highly recommend cyclop-eeze and NLS to give you the best colour possible (you can get it on-line from jehmco.com and RD), or you can use crushed up flake.

Good luck!

Edited by African_Fever