MCI

jewels

Anyone know if NC has SAE in right now?

I dont' know but if you find some let me know as I need some too.

They don't have anymore.

Hang in there.

Its like feeding the neighbours kids - once they get an appetite , , , :drunk::boxed:

With seven WPG I am adding about 100ppm of N a week

Keep in mind this inherently adds about 60 ppm /week of K

. Mr. Barr even got his nose in there - read it yourself to see how he fared.

That's not Mr. Barr, he was banned from APC back in 2006.

Yes, you are correct, my pilpul failed:

Mr. Barr was contributed on the topic here in post # 7

Jewels - do you have a journal somewhere that I could read, or could you share more on your different setups? That above picture is amazing and I want to see more.

,,, not as such

Although, one of your member privileges allows you to view a members past topics and posts; by clicking on a members name. I try to include photos in most them. If you click on the photos they will link back to an album

Like this one

th_P1150038.jpg

Once you are redirected to ( may not be pop-up friendly) photobucket click on the photo again for full screen

OK, so this week I didn't bother resetting the tank with a WC - 4 days in, I knew what my daily uptake of NO3 would be and got tired of the other deficiencies showing in my tank. I didn't have time to do the WC, so I just tossed in some KH2PO4 - about half of what I was adding with EI. WELL!!! There was an imediate response from Water Sprite and Pogostemon stellatus!

Tomorrow I will be doing a WC and trimming. I think I may still be a bit short dosing the PO4 b/c I'm noticing GSA on a few more leaves - I was probably dosing the right amount with EI, as I have a lot of PO4 pigs in this tank. I've cut back to less than half the micronutrients, tho. It'll probably take a week or so to get that one figured out. And, I think I could probably up the KNO3 a bit, too as there are a few more spots of BBA.

• 1 month later...

Well... I guess I'm dosing MCI, tho it's more of a catch-up game than anything. I'm dosing some serious KNO3, then when I notice a deficiency, I increase whatever's missing. Some days I add some KH2PO4, some days I add trace, some days I add extra KNO3. I've had some serious BBA try to take me on, so I'm adding some Excel, too.

• 6 months later...

I have been following THIS post on APC since last May. Grab a comfy chair it takes about two hours to read and cross refernce it in its entirity.

Ok , well @ this point two hours is not going to be enough to read this one.

This method allows for

amounts of light . It also explains the limitation of potassium.

Christian's tanks are brutal looking..

Plus are water has too much calcium for this method..unless you use ro...

he suggests more magnesium then calcium which is odd because no place on earth where aquatic plants grow is this present

Keep an eye on Dutchy at the end of this thread..He has some really nice tanks..If this method has any issues he will be the one to find it.

Edited by ubr0ke

"The ideas I will explain had been discovered during my work as aquarium gardener and had been confirmed with positive feedback during the last 5 years at the most important Spanish speaching forum, so this is not speculation. The MCI had over 100.000 reads since it was published and algae is not an issue any more for us.

I believe that one of the mayor issues about algae is confusion. If we read about them in books, we can find that very important authors assert that some of them blooms because of excess of No3 or Po4. When I read this I understand that this person has no idea why algae blooms.

The most popular fertilizing methods don’t take enough attention to algae. Some of them focus attention in Co2, other asserts that to reach the balance will solve the problem. It just doesn’t happened!

On the other hand, the EI asserts that algae blooms because of lack of Co2, Light or fertilizing. The idea is well oriented, but incomplete.

Proper Co2 and light are too basic, so I prefer work with them as prerequisites."

http://ozgur.pixelblind.net/?p=32

mci is not much different then pmdd...a method used in the 90's....it works by limiting phosphate with different variables of other nutrients...you could do the same thing way easier by using ei and not dosing phosphates until gsa appears...and that method was called pmdd....pmdd+phospahtes is ei...

I like how he says light and co2 are prerequisets. how many people can accurately measure co2?....a drop checker is as close as your going to get without spending a fortune. And a drop checker is not that accurate. All the big names in the game suggest 95% of algae problems are co2 related. Amano, tropica even canada's own aquaflora..but yet he blames nutrient inbalances...

Edited by ubr0ke

...you could do the same thing way easier by using ei and not dosing phosphates until gsa appears......

Are you proposing EI needs re-righting?

I like how he says light and co2 are prerequisets. how many people can accurately measure co2?....a drop checker is as close as your going to get without spending a fortune. And a drop checker is not that accurate. All the big names in the game suggest 95% of algae problems are co2 related. Amano, tropica even canada's own aquaflora..but yet he blames nutrient inbalances...

They say da Vinci could freehand a perfect circle, apparently he is not alone. Easter is over and you just hatched an ovoid there. If you read that paragraph backwards it says 95% of the heads of state agree we are powerless against the biggest contributor of algae.

Is adequate CO2 not a prerequisite in any highlight scenario?

nope..pmdd needed re-writing...that is ei..

Nope it doesn't mean were powerless. Powerless would be without a solution...the solution is in the statement..

what is adequate co2?....is it possible to have adequate co2 in a tank with 7wpg??...yes but only if you limit phosphates..so logically it doesnt make sense to nuke tanks and limit phosphate when electricty, fixtures and bulbs are way more expensive then ferts and co2...Lower light does the exact same thing as limiting phosphates..it decreases co2 demand....so why go through all the trouble?

You limit growth with nutrients i limit growth with light...