Questions, My 40g planted has a small problem

ReefKeeper

What you are saying is I need to add some more fish to the system to add more nitrates? I will turn off the skimmer and only use it when the surface scum gets to heavy. I will also redirect the filter outlet so it does not break the surface. The tank is 36" long 20" high and I think 14" wide. The light is a 2 bulb T-5 6500k and 1 white and 1 pink or red tinge to it.

Exactly what I was thinking, more fish equals less work, and... a school of 20 rummy nose tetra's would look good in there :hey:

I commented on the skimmer and filter outlet as they will vent off your co2 faster than you are currently putting it in +light =s great conditions for hair algae :beer:

And yeah,...what J said :P

Edited by cale262

I'm trying to buy some juvenile discus but I find most of the suppliers way out of my price range. So I have to wait until I obtain a larger disposable income or find a seller willing to go within my budget for a half dozen or so. I would like about the size of a loonie. Right now $60.00 and above is alittle expensive for me for my first discus tank. Not saying that I am a beginner I had fish for over 25 years of and on mainly reef tanks

I've seen prices in the $30-50 range at a couple of the LFS around. Big Al's and Family Pet (in Sherwood Park) always have discus in, tho rarely at loonie size. I'd say the most common 'small' size I see is around the 2" mark.