I got something weird

devocole

I saw this online several years ago but it was too expensive to consider ordering. The other day browsing Kijiji some guy had it up for 1/4 the price. He bought it because it was cool looking but ended up killing all the fish and not caring about the hobby. So I had to get it. It is 26*26*4.3 at 6.6 gallons and obviously for wall mounting. It has an under gravel water pump that spits out water above on a sponge/bio ball filter tray. It has a heater under the gravel grate as well as an air pump. Everything is connected to a digital key pad on the side. I have to admit it seems a little on the cheap side, but all in all something worth checking out.

I'm going to put it on the wall in my room. And build a better frame around it out of crown molding or something.

As for what to put in it. Definitely some low maintenance tall plants like val and hygro at the sides. Then a couple crypts as we move closer to the middle. I don't know. Something to think about.

As for fish i thought a school of glass catfish (4 or so) would look cool. But went to big als and they were a bit bigger then i remembered. I don't want to do the endler thing, done that. Nor the beta, done that. Thought maybe a killi couple. Blue ram couple for my first cichlids. I know i don't want a small schooling fish for this one.

Any ideas???

post-3191-128391724594_thumb.jpg