ACE Fall Auction

just a random post but knifefishfan there was an 18" knifefish at the calgary auction went for 5$ i couldnt believe it!!! wish i had the room for him/her he/she was awesome

It was closer to 24" than 18, but was indeed flat out beautiful. I think it was more about having space for a fish that size than the auction price. It's a bit of a gamble to throw something like that in to an auction. not many folks were there, and I for one was pleased that someone was able to take him home. Keep in mind he went up for auction twice, the first time there were no bids. Might have been better to put him on consignment at a store or in Kijiji rather than just hope someone had room for him at that time.... just sayin'

Peace.

We were worried that the money we raised for fish rescue at the SPCA would have to get used on him. ;)

Yeah I had a few minor slipups towards the end - gettin' kinda groggy by 5 a.m. and wasn't triple checking. I don't seem to function the same anymore on 3 hours sleep. LOL At least with the Calgary auction I get to sleep in until midnight before I start bagging.