ACE Fall Auction

Do we have to buy memberships to attend? Or do you just buy membership if you want to sell stufF?

If you want to sell, then you have to get a membership and you have to tell Michael Pham 2 weeks earlier how many bags you are selling. (Max is 20 bags per person). However, you don't need a membership to buy.

• 3 weeks later...

Does ace accept any donations of fish? I understand they would have to be approved fish so nobody is stuck with them afterwards. I would donate some fry and some leftover tangs to ACE for the auction. Im sure a member can answer these questions.

thats nuts hehe...how did his spots/pattern look?

i already have a clown knife and i dont think another is a good idea...especially if its already 18"

im lookin for 1 or 2 bottom monsters...teacup ray or a few birchirs lol...fingers crossed

just a random post but knifefishfan there was an 18" knifefish at the calgary auction went for 5$ i couldnt believe it!!! wish i had the room for him/her he/she was awesome

It was closer to 24" than 18, but was indeed flat out beautiful. I think it was more about having space for a fish that size than the auction price. It's a bit of a gamble to throw something like that in to an auction. not many folks were there, and I for one was pleased that someone was able to take him home. Keep in mind he went up for auction twice, the first time there were no bids. Might have been better to put him on consignment at a store or in Kijiji rather than just hope someone had room for him at that time.... just sayin'

Peace.

I have not been for a while, and I am getting out of the hobby so I got some stuff thats collecting dust. I am thinking about tossing all my aquarium stuff in a large cardboard box and making it all one bidding item.