What to do with a 26 gallon tank?

EowynJane

I was given a tank the other day, it measures 12 1/2" wide, 16 1/2" tall and a whopping 29 3/4" long to the outside of the glass. If that's the correct way to measure it works out to slightly over 26 gallons. Now what to do with it??? I already have Endlers w/ shrimp, dwarf puffers w/ a BN and lab and aceii w/ a BN. I'm looking for suggestions and I'm open to fish, reptiles and all sorts of aquatic and semi aquitic pets. I'd love to have a crayfish or mud skippers or a lizard if the tank is big enough... anything but snakes or spiders.

Suggestions? (I'm sticking with freshwater btw..)

Edited by EowynJane

Like the first idea that was suggested but if not then a shell dweller colony?

you could also add julidochromis transcriptus too, if you were to add a rockpile... seriously though, shellies are awesome, my n. brevis tank still captivates me on a daily basis!

LoL - good ideas :)

I like the thought of the shellies though I'm not 100% sure I'm even going to go with fish. Either way I am sticking to the fresh water side for sure... I have to keep this relatively low cost and I don't have any salt stuff at all.

All of my tanks are planted... I love my plants. My endler tank is an absolute jungle!

Do a nice community tank?

Or maybe that blur ram tank, or some threadfin rainbows...... crayfish would fit....... urhmmm.... you could even do a brackish green spotted puffer, although I would only suggest one in a tank that size.....