Hello everyone

thelegend0210

New member here. In the process of starting up my first aquarium. A co-worker gave me a 55gal tank for free. Just bought a stand for it yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it setup this weekend. I've wanted an aquarium ever since I can remember.

I've been doing lots of research and I thought this forum would be informative.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site! So what are you planning on putting in the 55? A 55 gallon is a good place to start, expands the kinds of fish you can get. Also the number of them. DO tell what your plans are. :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome.

Not quite sure yet, I plan on starting off simple as I still getting my feet wet, pardon the pun. I was a little undecided if I want to do a planted tank or not. But I set it up on Monday past, and I'm not sure how easy it would be now to put plants in there, guess I should have waited. Oh well. is it still possible?

I'll be doing freshwater and want to have an assortment of colorful community fish, any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum and nice tank! free tanks are always awesome! lol.. my only suggestion would be to switch out the background to plain black, would make your fish colours really pop and would make the tank look much better.

your loach would like to have some buddies, i think. most loach species are more comfortable when they have others of their kind to hang out with.

Edited by BettaFishMommy

New member here. In the process of starting up my first aquarium. A co-worker gave me a 55gal tank for free. Just bought a stand for it yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it setup this weekend. I've wanted an aquarium ever since I can remember.

I've been doing lots of research and I thought this forum would be informative.

Thanks.