Betta nipping cory cat's fins?

ridethespiral

what does the tank look like? as in, do the cories have places to hide from the betta (plants, caves, etc)? if not, a bit of re-scaping and adding hiding spots may do the trick.

i don't see how getting a larger tank or more cories would solve the problem, since that could just give the betta more targets to harass.

there is the possibility that your betta is showing his true attitude towards tankmates now that he has matured. how old is he/how long have you had him? if he's decided he wants to be a 'bad boy' then there's not much you can do but have him live in solitary confinement.

I've had a similar experience with 3 Julii cory's and a male betta in a 5 gallon. The betta needs his own space or he'll start to take runs at the corys on occasion. Upped the tank to a 55G and everyone gets along fine now.

You may want to get some hornwort and let it float around the top of the tank. My betta loves to chill out by just hiding out in his 'own' plant at the top of the tank. Kind of a refuge of sorts.