Upload skipped error 406??

Googling tells me that usually Error 406 is a problem with Flash and the site's host... but in this case I can upload photos using both IE and FF to the forum and it's working fine, so I can't see that being the case. The forum software itself doesn't have an index of error codes, either (never knew why they have not made that...) so a search of their site turned up nadda.

Checking the error log for this site in the backend (tee hee... back end) and there is nothing posted about your issues, which means the software doesn't see your problem as a big enough problem to make it my problem. The last concern it had for me was Yahoo couldn't see an attachment to a post... which is really not a very big deal at all.

My suggestion is to try a smaller file (maybe try a test post somewhere and use a few different formats, sizes, etc and see why it's doing that. I'm sorry I don't have much more to go on, from my end. Tee hee... end.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, thanks then. It's now verified as being an issue with Flash and this site's server's settings, and since Flash is buggy as heck, extremely untrustworthy and generally considered by myself to be completely useless - I am keeping the server's security settings as is, and if you get an error then please use the 'one-at-a-time' version to upload photos.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, thanks then. It's now verified as being an issue with Flash and this site's server's settings, and since Flash is buggy as heck, extremely untrustworthy and generally considered by myself to be completely useless - I am keeping the server's security settings as is, and if you get an error then please use the 'one-at-a-time' version to upload photos.

I'VE TRIED AND TRIED TO DOWNLOADING PICS .................NO LUCK.........CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A PRECISE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE

Edited by FISHLIPS

When creating a post/reply/etc you'll find the Attachments section directly below the post entry area. Click Browse, and navigate to the file on your computer. Select Open, and the file name will appear in the text area next to the Browse button. You MUST now hit the Attach This File button, or nothing will happen, and your picture will not appear in your post. The area next to this button tells you how much more space you have available on our server to upload pictures.

Once that has happened, the and the file is uploaded to the server, a small thumbnail will appear with the title of the photo. You then place your cursor in your post, where you want the picture to appear, and hit "Add to Post".

[attachment=8866:bw1.jpg]

Text just like the above example will appear. This tells you where your photo will be placed. To actually 'see' it, press the Preview Post button at the bottom (and not the Add Reply) and you'll be able to edit before making the final submission.

That's all there is to it. I know it's a couple of steps, but once you've done it a few times it's really quite simple.

The other option is to upload the photos to another image hosting site and then post the remote invocation code here... but that's a lesson for another day.