Dec. Meeting

are these pico tanks the 1 gallon tanks?

there are plants and fish small enough to fit in there?

They were about 500ml tanks(about14x7x8cm). Much smaller then I was used to :boxed:

Fish weren't really recommended but plants work. There are mini plants or you can use cuttings or baby version of regular plants.

Actually you could put small wild bettas or shrimp in them. I made one that was brackish with my betta mahachai and loved it!!

I think part of it was because the scale of the tank would be ruined. Trying to replicate a nature aquascape in tiny proportions would be ruined with a "giant" fish or shrimp swimming next to it.

I threw in a CRS into one of the picos I had made for the contest and he definitely looked out of place sitting on my miniature "tree" I made out of java moss.

Plus its not easy keeping a few 100mls(there isn't much water left after you add sand, decorations and plants)clean enough for a fish over the long term. Plus there isn't much swimming space once you fill it with your aquascape.

So any updates on who won the contest? I'd love to see pics :smokey: