29 Gallon Eclipse Combo

dunl

I bought one of these secondhand, and I'd be interested in suggestions as what to stock in it. It is one of those tanks that is higher than wide or long....24" wide x 26" high (including canopy) x 12". It also comes with a built in filter, and seems to have a fairly good flow to it.

I've never had an aquarium that was taller than wide or long.

661750m_20.jpeg

i think a small reef tank with a pair of smaller seahorses and a small clean-up crew would work great for those dimensions. might need to do a 'little' modding to the light though, to make it better for salt.

i recall a nice tank that used to be at aquarium enthusiasts that had a pair of seahorses in it. there was just a hob filter running on the tank and it worked quite well. i think the tank was either a 20 long or maybe a touch bigger. the pair even bred a couple of times in there.

or you could go with a planted tank and put a wack of vals, starting from the back right corner and then some twiggy wood, a few crypts, and a moss ball or two. i'd stock that with black ruby barbs and a couple of bristlenose plecos. may have to also mod the light to work for a planted tank.

Edited by BettaFishMommy

Thanks for the suggestions. Never kept seahorses, and angels have never appealed to me. :(

But, thanks to Aquabonita, it is going to be a planted endler/rcs tank for now. :thumbs: