Co2 System Setup

Goldy

I like a 2-stage b/c it shows how much is left in the tank as well as how much pressure is being fed to the tank.

Another question on this, I was talking to someone for regulators & they asked about how much delivery pressure I would need (or how much draw pressure)?

Also with the bubble counter, where does that go, is it something you buy seperate & hook it up to the regulator?

Anything else that I would need besides tank, regulator, bubble counter, I have a mini elite for a delivery system?

Thanks

I usually set my delivery pressure to 20-30psi, and my bubble counter is after the solenoid and reg. You can use a small, clear, air-tight jar/bottle as a bubble counter - drill 2 holes in the lid that are just smaller than your tubing, and fill 1/2 way w. water or vegetable oil. Place the hose from your CO2 tank into the water/oil, then run a line from the other hole (only about 1" in the jar) to your aquarium.

Another question on this, I was talking to someone for regulators & they asked about how much delivery pressure I would need (or how much draw pressure)?

Also with the bubble counter, where does that go, is it something you buy seperate & hook it up to the regulator?

Anything else that I would need besides tank, regulator, bubble counter, I have a mini elite for a delivery system?

Thanks

I keep mine set to 20 psi. Some regulators come with a bubble counter attached and some don't. I would really buy an all in one unit if it is your first time working with pressurized. You will also need a good quality check valve. It's just a simple 1 way valve to prevent water from coming back up the hose into the regulator and possibly damaging it. I would also invest in a drop checker so you know that you have your recommended 30 ppm of co2 in the water.

• 3 months later...