Bfm's Birthday Tank, Finally Got It Set Up, Lol!

BettaFishMommy

so i finally got my 20 long set up, lol. received the tank, lid, light as a birthday gift mid-November but kept humming and hawing over what i wanted to do with it. finally made up my mind! lol.

superglued the java ferns to the mopani wood without gluing myself to anything, woo hoo! lol.

post-3194-0-37823700-1293073848_thumb.jpg

the inhabitants, 6 new australian rainbows (exact species unknown, help me out folks?)

post-3194-0-78974400-1293073858_thumb.jpg

full tank shot! the light is currently a 50/50, with actinic, 65 watt because my regular 65 watt decided to crap out on me right when i setting the tank up (murphy's law, eh? lol). i'll be replacing the bulb in the near future, but the plants should be fine for now with this one.

post-3194-0-60687100-1293073880_thumb.jpg

i'll be adding some more plants once i clean up and rescape my 55, but for now i think it looks pretty good, even without any background (coming soon, just deciding on colour). moved some scungy sponges over from the 55 so hopefully that will help me avoid a full blown cycle. will be testing frequently!

what do ya think everyone?

Edited by BettaFishMommy

very nice - are those the swords you got from jason? I have 1 in my 20 with the fishies you gave me they are neat.

yep, tossed 5 of the smaller ones in there just to fill out the back a little. was originally going to have just the wood with java ferns but figured the fish would like a lil more cover and the corners looked too empty.

i'd have a floor to ceiling rack of 20 longs if i could! great footprint for just about any smaller fish, and it's nice to not get wet armpits when scaping, lol.

thanks for all the great comments everyone :)

Looks great. :thumbs:

There ARE some African species that will fit into a 20 long if you wanted to try some. ;)

nah, no interest in africans (i assume you are speaking of cichlids). although they are beautiful they aren't for me.

No problem. I feel the same about some others myself. :smokey: