Eureka Red Fry

sicklid

Tonight I was transferring the female to an isolation tank to ensure the fry weren't going to be lunch and while in the net she started sspitting fry and more once she was in the tank.......WOW! So now i have about 25 fry. The tank has a sponge filter , I have some .5 mm NLS ...any other tips to ensure they all survive? .....thanks in advance......I have had fry before but most of them got eaten and i have never seen it "happen" ...fun times....

Once their yolk sacks are gone I feed NLS I have turned into powder in the coffee grinder. (Don't tell my wife) Just a small pinch is all it takes. Also frozen Baby Brine shrimp is hard to beat for convenience. When they are a few weeks old I let them snack on NLS wafers throughout the day, then suck out what they haven't eaten later with a turkey baster. I usually have 100% of the fry make it.

Keep the temp at about 80 and waterchanges galore. Have fun with em.

One week in and I only lost one fry. Last Friday I had a large mbuna spit out into the same tank so now I have about 50 fry and they are all doing well. I took some .5 mm NLS and pulverized it more with a mortar and pestle. They are all eating it, so in about 2 months I should have some to sell or give away......

we always use a mortal and pestle to crush up the therra nls .5mm pellets. the dayglow babies we have now are starting to take the .55mm now without crushing them up :D