Fx5 Is Creating Micro Bubbles?

skrick

how do i take care of my fx5 creating lots of micro bubbles on half of my tank i have a 110 tall and am running 2 filters a fx5 and fluval 405 the 405 is fine but i see very small micro bubbles or somithing like that comming in front of my outtake of the fx5 so half my tank is good

how do i take care of my fx5 creating lots of micro bubbles on half of my tank i have a 110 tall and am running 2 filters a fx5 and fluval 405 the 405 is fine but i see very small micro bubbles or somithing like that comming in front of my outtake of the fx5 so half my tank is good

The fx5 is famous for this. Mine does it when there is too much media in the baskets or when the media is restricting flow. Polishing pads and filter floss cause the most problems.

hrmm thanks for the info I guess I have to take it apart eeeeeek I hate this but its easier than most canisters I had it stop before I pulled it apart and the flow has stopped when I had a polishing pad in there and my pleco was crapping right by the intake lol

I get them late in the day in my heavily planted tank. Actually, I've had that problem with most canisters over the years and figure that it has to be O2 coming out of solution in the canister. However, if you aren't running a heavily planted tank, it's a sign that your media is saturated, like the others have said.

although i don't have an fx5, i do run into the issue of micro-bubbles with my rena xp4 once in a while. i find the bubbles happen when the water level in the canister isn't right up to the top. i just unplug the canister and unhook one of the clamps holding the lid on for a couple seconds, breaking the seal and allowing air to escape. this raises the water level in the canister and no more micro-bubbles. i keep a VERY close eye on the rising water in the canister when i do this, lol.

although i don't have an fx5, i do run into the issue of micro-bubbles with my rena xp4 once in a while. i find the bubbles happen when the water level in the canister isn't right up to the top. i just unplug the canister and unhook one of the clamps holding the lid on for a couple seconds, breaking the seal and allowing air to escape. this raises the water level in the canister and no more micro-bubbles. i keep a VERY close eye on the rising water in the canister when i do this, lol.

The fx5 stops to burp itself once a day, so there usually arent bubbles in the canister unless there is a seal problem or a hole in the intake hose outside of the water.

The fx5 is famous for this. Mine does it when there is too much media in the baskets or when the media is restricting flow. Polishing pads and filter floss cause the most problems.

100% agree. FX5 are notorious for this and its happened to me a lot when its floss pad is too dirty or that i have too much stuff in the baskets. pull everything out and start over lol