What Did I Do Wrong?

sherlock

I had a geophagus red head tapajos with a white cottony growth growing on his side. I put him into a 10 gallon hospital tank and started treating with maracyn and maracyn II as was suggested in various forums. He was doing well other than the growth when he went into the tank, but this morning after two days of treatment he was dead :cuss:

I am not sure what happened, yesterday the growth looked to be going down and then he took a turn for the worse when I added the second dose of meds. I am sure the meds killed him.

Did I maybe over-medicate with the combo or was I supposed to only give half the dosage when using two meds??

The most common thing to go wrong in a Q-tank is the cycle. Meds will not only kill the infection, but they often kill the beneficial bacteria. So, was it the meds that killed the fish? If you were dosing per instructions, not likely. But, the meds did probably kill your biofilter, which would cause a spike in ammonia, which would kill your fish.