Dissolvillusion?

jewels

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are differing opinions on this topic. The poll addresses to schools of thought.

• Is it the size of the bubble? - or the lengths it travels ?

What have you done to strech your CO2 dollar?

Edited by jewels

IMO, it's getting the CO2 to the plants. I like the fine mist distribution throughout the tank - the fine mist is easily absorbed by plants, too.

Good question! TO be honest I don't know the answer. I just kinda let it go and do it's thing.

I haven't done anything to stretch my CO2 dollar as it is not nearly as expensive here in Edmonton then it is in Medicine Hat. My crap solenoid from the Milwaukee MA-957 broke when I raised the psi to 20 because I couldn't keep a steady bubble count otherwise so I am stuck running it 24/7.

Have heard all the stuff about the fine bubble method being better than dissolving the gas completely, but I haven't bothered to try it. I have a reactor that I like and have used for years, so I'm not fixing what isn't broken.

As for stretching the CO2 dollar, I use a pH controller- the gas is only on when it's needed. Of course, the cost of a controller probably exceeds any gas $$ savings...