Compressiceps Fry Question

JLake

Pulled the last tangs out of my 180 on sat. Tonight i was pulling out the last few rocks and shells. inside the largest shell that the red fin compressiceps hangs out near is about 30 to 50 free swimming fry. Question, can they eat crushed up nls grow? i add it to water and inserted the water/nls mixture into the shell via syringe. Is this gonna feed em? i couldnt tell if they were eating it or not. can i add the shell back into moms new tank? i doubt it. any advice?

They're quite small, but you may have a few survive on that diet. I used a mixture of crushed NLS Grow and micro/bananaworms to feed mine when I had them.

Yeah microworms really helped my ocellatus babies survive. These fry are already past the spinning 360 swim stage. They all hover near the shell entrance. What aboubt freshly hatched brine shrimp? They just absorbed their yolk sacks. So I'm guessing they will start dying soon.

Most fry will pick at any kind of detritus....crush it small, and they might be grabbing it when you're not looking.....filter feeding, as it were...

Good luck with them.

yeah they must be eating something, i cant find any dead ones and it looks like 50 was a modest estimation. I also think mom and dad have started again in their new home. this can really become a problem for me. They seem to be very thin but now when i spread some powdered food on the top and blow it under the water, they all eat. I found their original shipping document, they are altolamprologus compressiceps Chituta "red fin" nice fish. dad gets super dark when in the mood.