Convicts Appear To Be Ready To Spawn Again...

waster

My convicts spawned about 3-4 weeks ago and the fry are happy to be swimming around

Yesterday i noticed the female convict's colours have become more intense again. Today i noticed that the male was harassing the female quite a bit and he seems to be hanging out inside/under the flower pot once again. I am assuming they are ready to spawn again.

Is it safe for me to leave the fry in there? I really would like to prevent them from spawning again for as long as possible. Or are they likely to spawn again anyway and eat the kids ?

thanks

Convicts are always ready to spawn ! When I had mine they would spawn even tho they had month old fry in the tank . The female nor male seemed to care less that the fry where in the area of spawning . A few things you can do to slow them down ! Take the flower pot out and try to eliminate a breeding area . If you feed live / frozen foods such as brine shrimp / blood worms , you might want to stop as it encourages spawning . Or lastly remove the male

Blake

When I kept convicts, They spawned once every 2 weeks If I took the eggs out or they ate the swimmers mine also looked like they were going to spawn again when they had small fry swimming around the tank. They didn't spawn once they had babies in the tank, I even left those same fry in the tank until they were 1.5 - 2 inches - There was 48 of them.