Filter help just bought UV filter

vantgE

Hi, today we bought a uv filter for 200$ I'm wandering if this is too good too be true? 200 seems fantastic similar product is almost 500 at pisces but also for a much larger pond, however uv alone is about 200 dollars there so I want to know what anyone thinks

It is a pressurized beckett 9 watt uv filter for ponds up to 750 gallons (mines just over 300gallons)

"Efficient, dual action filtration for clean, clear ponds

Includes UV clarifier

Out of pond installation for fast, easy maintenance

Pressureized discharge allows for "upflow" to watter fall"

Still needs pump so + 60

And it is setup like a canister filter except the top half is empty minus the uv, witht eh bottom half working three sponges coarse to fine then bioballs

I'm likeing this thing but it won't be setup untill I have soem peace of mind about it

Does sound like a good deal. Check to see the size and type of uv lamp thats in it, and check to see if it is the same as the ones Pet Smart on Macleod have in their clearance aisle for around 15 dollars. The UV bulbs lose efficiency over time and if you can get an extra lamp cheap... BTW If you don't have a pump yet PM Adidas for the pumps he has in the buy and sell. I saw one of them today and it looks like it would do the trick :D Seriously the pumps he is selling for $100 are 950 GPH. Here is more info

http://www.petsolutions.com/Pondmaster+Mag...5-I-C-2-C-.aspx

Remember price shown is US from what I have seen you can at least double price locally.

Edited by HOSStile