Sw Id Needed

Cgy_Betta_Guy

Hi...

Dont suppose any of the salties know what this stuff might be (has been posted to canreef as well).. Thanks for any help that you can provide

1) Unidentified growth which is slowly getting longer.

IMG_3119.jpg

2) Looking down into my Edge tank I saw these growing... looks good but no idea what it might be

IMG_3153.jpg

3) this appears to be a red coraline algae but I havent tried to scratch it yet to confirm.. just wanted to make sure its not the bad red slime

IMG_3155.jpg

4) some clammy looking thing sticking outta my rock. The picture is out of focus as I had to shoot at an angle

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

5) Hair algae or a soft coral?

IMG_3162.jpg

6) wormy looking dude with a head that moves when light shines on it. The long tube doesnt appear to have moved in days.

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

1) The purple thing? Looks like it is possibly a kind of sheet coraline algae. Or the feather duster behind it?

2)Type of macroaglae

3) Looks like a type of sheet coraline algae, although I had a sponge at one point that looked like that.

4) Not sure, possibly a harmless hitchhiker. If it moves, it may be a type of snail.

5) algae ;)

6) looks like a feather duster or tube worm.

7) can't see it clearly enough to tell. Although most pistol shrimp occasionally make snapping/popping noises once the lights go out.

Edited by Crystal

1) Appears to be a coraline algae of some sort

2) Macro Algae - not sure what kind, might be a Caulerpa spp.

3) I'm inclined to think coraline as well, but you'll have to touch it to find out for sure...

4) A clam - just a filter feeder, not one of the photosynthetic ones

5) looks like hair algae, but it might be Chaeto - a macro algae

6) I'm guessing a tube-worm of sorts. Could end up a nice little Feather Duster.

7) No clue... :)

I will take a stab

1) I'm assuming the piece in focus in the middle surrounded by aptasia looks like it might be a cactus coral

2) Halimadia

3) Red coraline

4) Bi valve

5) Calupera or grape algae

6) Vermetid snail

7) pistol or mantis shrimp tough to tell from the pics may even be a crab