Have You Thought Of Setting Up A Tank And Donate It To Kid Or Non Profit Organization?

I have new bettas !! Last week a friend of mine gave away 5 bettas. I keep 3, and the other 2 were for my friends's daughters.

It's a cold night when I delivered the fishes..and a bit a driving & scheduling , etc. However, it's worth of the driving and time when I saw the little girls's eyes lighted up & their big smiles. The girls happy and I'm happy too having the 3 new bettas after losing my beloved betta last week.

I am thinking, maybe.. if a betta can excite kids and give them an enjoyment, why can't I (or we) do this as community in this forum. Well...I don't have lots of bettas nor that I know how to breed betta or expert in setting up a tank. I just think maybe someone in this forum would like to start a project for example, setting up a small tank for an unfortunate kid or a non profit organization. Then you can share the ideas here and what items,plants,fish etc you need. Let people here in the forum help you build the tank and make it happen.

I don't know..I just throw this idea.

What do you think?

I set up a tank in an after school/day care facility a few years ago in Beaumont. I believe the fish for the tank were donated by a sponsoring store at the time, and possibly a member or two, as well... it's been 3 or 4 years now, so I am fuzzy on the details. Either way it was really cool to do, and see the kid's faces and get to teach them about the fish and have them take an interest in it. I think every school should have at least one tank, and kinds should be exposed to fish as a 'pet' option.

I have one in my classroom....so far. Aquabonita donated everything that is in it except the tank, sand, and water.....it's the first thing the kids go to in the morning, and I'm talking high school students here. :)

I help out with the ACE aquariums for schools project and the kids LOVE it. The teacher says its all the kids talk about and they email me all the time with questions. Its been a great experience helping out the classrooms and getting kids involved in the hobby.

I used to also set up a small betta 5g in my mom's grade 2 class. The kids loved having a class pet and a few of them even got their own aquariums because of it.