Lake Walawi Tank Compatability

geleen

I am looking for a small, peaceful species that occupies the upper levels and is compatible with peaceful lake Malawi fish; including some 6 inch Synodontis type catfish,blue dolphins,and peacocks.

Just want some movement at the top

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Edited by geleen

Overstocking Lake Malawi fish will get you lots of movement period. There's a Malawi show tank at Big Als in Calgary that is stuffed full of mostly males and they're active and relatively peacefull...I think the key is to give lots of hiding spaces...Big Als accomplishes it with lots of holey rock type of scapes.

Mbunas, Peacocks, and even some tangs are in the tank...it looks great to me. Lots of color, lots of different shaped fish...nice indeed.

I agree with overstocking to achieve multi level swimmers! I have mbunas, peacocks and a hap (all male for best color). They swim top to bottom and my hidding spots are at either end of the tank so that I can see them all in the middle!post-4942-0-77849900-1296830717_thumb.jpg