Aquiring New Varieties Of Shrimp

BigWater

Hey guys/gals,

I was just curious what venues be it shops/ online/ other members or friends have you fellow shrimpers found to be a good means of aquiring new and different shrimp stocks. I ask this for two reasons; I too would like more and different varieties of shrimp, and secondly I have noticed A LOT of people LF shrimp of various colors/breeds.

So far we have cherry reds

rhino

bamboo

All of them are really neat and the more you read and learn about them the better. Man do they ever have different personalities, and ways of moving about. lol some jump and shoot through the water others, slowly float and others motor boat around lol.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you

Cheers!

Got mine from a breeder in Vancouver. Although shipping increases the cost per shrimp quite a bit, it was necessary to get the quality of shrimp I wanted. I have SSS+ CRS and Painted Fire Reds (RCS). I will probably add OEBT and Fire Blues when I move and set up some more tanks.

Ron

For the higher quality shrimps it seems like the hobbyist / breeder is the way to go. There is a number of them out west and out east as well. Some of them post on several other forums. So far there doesn't seem to be any serious breeders out here yet.

myself , I currently have some low grade Crystal Reds, Orange Sunkist, Fire Red / Painted Fire Reds. I acquire these from various sources over the last little while, mostly LFS.

Once the weather gets a bit warmer (and i get some more tanks set up) i am planning to get more more higher quality Painted Fire Reds and CRS, Super Tigers and OEBT, maybe even some OE Black Tigers

I've gotten mine from hobbyists, and Canadian Aquatics for the most part.

I've got:

green shrimp (corrosionjerry)

cherry shrimp (corrosionjerry, Canadian Aquatics, eowynjane)

tiger shrimp (Canadian Aquatics)

blue pearl shrimp (Canadian Aquatics)

yellow shrimp (Igor from Ontario)

I hope to increase the types of shrimp I have as well, crystals, blue tigers etc.