Mar. Auction

Due to the fact that at our last several auctions we have been going way over our cut off of 500 lots we have to reinstitute our rule about pre-booking the lots.We have been warned by the care taker of the hall that if we go over our alloted time again that he would have to charge us an extra days rent, so please book you lots early with Michael at mituan@hotmail.com Remember that club members only are allowed to sell [yes any registered fish club]but anyone can buy. You are restricted to 20 lots each but extra lots will be assigned on a first come basis if they are still availible.

Thank you

I know it will be very unpopular with ACE members who were not at the last meeting and are unaware of the current policy so it' best to be clear on what Cat has said.

From my understanding of what was discussed at the last meeting, any lots that have not been pre-listed with Micheal will be considered donations to the club. Each member has the right to refuse to enter their lots into the auction if they don't want to give their items up as donations.You'll essentially be taking your fishies out for a Sunday drive.

It seems that the auction's popularity is coming in to conflict with the ability of members to casually enter lots at the last minute. I'm not a big fan of this policy but I can understand that it will ease the burden that the auction places on the club and its' volunteers as well as allow the auction to conclude in a reasonable period of time.

I know I'm a day late and many dollars short on this one but CAS is going to give out lots the meeting before as a test this auction. Makes the auction coordinator's life easier, gets some of "chronically late" people to commit earlier and gets more people out to the meeting. Just a thought!!

• 2 weeks later...

FCG's post about plants she is bringing to the auction got me a bit excited to find out what people might be bringing. I'll be looking for killies, Bettas that do NOT end in splendens, and anything else that I find interesting!

That steam distiller that I got at your last auction was AWESOME! It cost me about $50 to rebuild/refurbish (a pittance compared to it's value) and it produces amazing water. We are using it for our drinking water as well as the fish! I still can't believe I got that for $160! There are some fantastic buys at your auctions!

I will be bringing the following (and some other stuff too)

Cherry shrimp - with at least 2 very dark red, berried females in the bag.

Asolene spixi snails 5 in the bag. roughly marble size. these are the hydra eating snails.

Pair, or possibly a reverse trio of Aphysemion australe 'orange'. One of the males is just amazing coloring. If I didn't have another male about the same, I wouldn't even consider putting him in the auction.

1 or 2 pairs of Xenotoca eiseni (orange tail goodeid)

1 pr Skiffia lermae

pr or trio of girardinus metallicus

white cloud minnows.

And just to annoy Vince for not making the auction, I might put in a pair of Lacustricola katangae.

Am also contemplating putting in a bag of Simpsonicthys santanae eggs (annual killie) but I should probably check with the organizers first and find out if that is acceptable to put in killie eggs?

What interesting things are other folks bringing?

PS: ACE mods, if this post is innapropriate, feel free to delete.

Edited by DanGofCalgary

Due to the fact that at our last several auctions we have been going way over our cut off of 500 lots we have to reinstitute our rule about pre-booking the lots.We have been warned by the care taker of the hall that if we go over our alloted time again that he would have to charge us an extra days rent, so please book you lots early with Michael at mituan@hotmail.com Remember that club members only are allowed to sell [yes any registered fish club]but anyone can buy. You are restricted to 20 lots each but extra lots will be assigned on a first come basis if they are still availible.

Thank you

I often drop off 2-5 donations for the auction (snails, plants, unwanted equipment/supplies). Does this rule affect people who randomly drop things off for the auction as a donation to the club?

Edited by Crystal

Thank you

I often drop off 2-5 donations for the auction (snails, plants, unwanted equipment/supplies). Does this rule affect people who randomly drop things off for the auction as a donation to the club?

No, donations are handled separately we don't count them in the 500 lots so we do end up going a bit over but it's usually not to big a problem