Best Small Loach

nanmer

I am enjoying my first planted tank. It is a 33 gallon, soon to be upgraded to a 50, just not enough room for all the cool fish I want LOL. I tried to remove the snail eggs from the plants, but alas, must have missed quite a few. I purchased some assasin snails and have never seen them again. I really like loaches and would love to add one or two but I need something that does not get too big. Any suggestions?

I have 5 zebra loaches and love them. They are very peaceful, active and do a great job on the snails.

Yoyo loaches are ok too but get a bit bigger and are more aggressive.

Dwarf loaches are great too. Stay small and are peaceful. A bit harder to find though.

I have Java loaches and Kuhli loaches - I would say neither eats ( or significantly affects the population of )snails.

Before you condemn the assasins , , , @ lights out, toss a chunk of dead something in there. By morning you will know if their are in fact assasins in there.

Looks like zebra loach is really neat! I know that loaches like groups and was planning on getting a few. I shall put on my loach detecting shoes and let you know Blake!