cyclops-eeze

k9outfit

You might have to ask for it, Degrassi. At the moment, they only have the big tins. When I went a week or so ago, they were with all the rest of the higher end foods, but yesterday they had them in a box behind the counter; not sure why. Anyway, if you can't find it, ask. They also have the wafers.

I would strongly advise staying away form the wafers. Cyclops-eeze was developed, and is marketed by the makers, as a supplement. With 50% protein & 35% fat this is not something that African cichlids should be eating large amounts of. Small fry can handle it much better than juvies/adults, and with the exception of newly spit fry, it should still be used as a supplement only.

Perhaps a teeny tiny piece of the wafer, but the chances are that it would deteriorate long before it was consumed (adding pollution to the water), and some of the less aggressive fry might not get any of it. (usually there's at least one pig in each group of fry) With the freeze dried form it spreads fairly evenly throughout the water column, allowing all of the fish to get at least some of it at each feeding.

• 3 weeks later...
I picked up a tin at Big Al's yesterday

To confirm that... I did pick some up at big al's in edmonton. It was costly but i think it will last for ever!

a 100g tin of the Freeze Dried was $35.

Big al's didn't have any of the NLS grow formula though... They do not come even close to Neil's prices too... I'm going to have to make an order soon! :)

i'll give it a try!

nev