Fish And Shrimp

Vallisneria

I was looking through my old pics and found a couple I thought I'd share. I think I posted them back when I originally took them but I'm bored so I figured I'd post them again.

Blue ram male

Ram.jpg

L. ocellatus "blue"

Occelatus.jpg

P. electra. This fish grew up to be the most gorgeous male and one of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen. Dark black markings on its face & belly, bright yellow dorsal and a pearly blue shine. Not sure why you dont' see them more often.

Electra.jpg

Red Empress. The stupid fish that killed the P.electra :cuss:

Redempress.jpg

Labidochromis perlmutt male

Perlmutt.jpg

Amano shrimp

ry3D400.jpg

Shrimp.jpg

My old 15g Low tech planted tank. 1w/gal, no ferts, no co2. One of my first attempts at a planted tank and still my favorite.

ry3D480.jpg

They're all beautiful! :D I really like the pots in the tank, how did you cut them in half without shattering them?

I used a coping saw

Thank you, I'll have to give that a try, it looks great in your tank! :)

They're all beautiful! :D I really like the pots in the tank, how did you cut them in half without shattering them?

I used a coping saw

It also works great to cut holes in the edge to make caves when you turn the pot upside down. Just make sure you cut slowly as they can crack. I've also used a band saw to cut them in half but the risk of cracking it is higher.

a Dremel tool also works

I used a coping saw

It also works great to cut holes in the edge to make caves when you turn the pot upside down. Just make sure you cut slowly as they can crack. I've also used a band saw to cut them in half but the risk of cracking it is higher.

a Dremel tool also works

Okay, thanks again! :D

• 4 months later...