Ich

shmeg

I don't even use carbon in my tanks, and they're just fine. You could probably just not use carbon anymore. Though I think it depends on the type of tank you have and the fish...I'm not sure. I just know that my tanks are fine without it. Hopefully someone with better knowledge can give you better advice, lol.

Good luck with treating the Ich! Just make sure to only give half the recommended does if the tank has scaleless fish. Also certain chemicals will kill shrimp and snails if you have any of those.

In order to treat ich you are supposed to remove your carbon. Is the carbon garbage or can it still be used if dried?

Just wondering as I just threw out 8 bags of carbon.

You can dry it and then continue using it, but it's not rechargable. Once it's full it's full. Always have it in your tank or in a sealed container. Carbon will absorb odours from the air as well, and that wastes it. Use carbon after you are finished treating as well and then discard when the meds are gone.

I don't use carbon, but I dose ferts for plants and the carbon will pull them out. Kinda a waste.

the way i have always treated ich is turn up the heat to 82-84 and salt. vaccum the gravel often and keep water quality up. it has always worked for me.

btw i stopped using carbon 2 years ago and never looked back. i think it also has alot to do with the water conditioner you use. (we use prime) :smokey: plus its nice that when you do medicate you dont have to pull your filter apart

Amy