Want To Add New Fish

plaidcat

I have a 30 gallon tank and recently gave away my large Pleco. I now have lots of room in my tank to add new fish. I seem to have a lot from the Tetra Family ( 2 black skirts, 2 golden skirts) 3 Split Fin Rasboro's ( spelling ??) and 5- 6 various other fish. I recently added 5 neon terta's and 2 beautiful Angel Fish. But my tank needs some color since most of my fish are either black or grey. I have had Gourami's in the past, red and blue ones, but they do not seem to live long in my tank.?? It is a community tank with very placid fish, so I do not want to add any aggessive fish ( which seems to be colourful fish ) What other kind of fish can I add that are community are a nice colour and will grow to 3-4 inches.? I dont like lots of small fish in my tank, so I want to get away from tetra/guppy tyes.

Plaid Cat.

With 2 angels at full size there is not a lot of room for more fish. Also the natural diet for angel fish are neons so it is possible they will get eaten.

Depending on your water change regimen and filtration be careful to add too many more.

With 2 angels at full size there is not a lot of room for more fish. Also the natural diet for angel fish are neons so it is possible they will get eaten.

Depending on your water change regimen and filtration be careful to add too many more.

totally agree!!! i think a 30gal is about right just for 2 full grown angels

totally agree!!! i think a 30gal is about right just for 2 full grown angels

Ah crap, u guys are right. Maybe it's way over filtered?

i wouldn't add any more fish either. once those angels are full grown (if they aren't already), that tank is going to look pretty cramped, and you'll be pushing the limit on space. you may find the angels fighting down the road and you'll have to remove one. in that case, there will be room for more fish, but not with both angels in there.

Great - thanks for all the info . My Angel Fish are 3-4 inches big right now. Just hoping they are not 1 male & 1 female. Or..I will be putting " Baby Angel Fish looking for good home " topic on this site. . LOL.....

Edited by plaidcat