M.trifasciata

Jayba

I currently have 3 pairs of Melanotaenia trifasciata from 3 different collection locations. "Wonga Creek" "Goyder River" and "Running Creek". The males see each other as competitors for the females. They are always showing off to each other, flashing and sparring. My 3 males are of similar size, and no one seems that much more dominant than the others, and that makes for plenty of showing off to each other. They are stunning. I have been told that some feel that a tank of M. trifasciata is as stunning as rainbow tanks get. I'm pretty lucky :smokey:

IMG_4944-2-2.jpg

(Front) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Center) M.trifasciata "Goyder River" (Rear) M.trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4932-2.jpg (Top) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Bottom) M.trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4888-2.jpg

Melanotaenia trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4901-2.jpg

Melanotaenia trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4921-2.jpg

(Left) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Right) M.trifasciata "Goyder River"

IMG_4922-2.jpg

(Left) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Center) M.trifasciata "Goyder River" (Front) M.trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4924-2.jpg

(Right) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Left) M.trifasciata "Goyder River" (Top) M.trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4925-2.jpg

(Right) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Center) M.trifasciata "Goyder River" (Left) M.trifasciata "Running Creek"

IMG_4927-2.jpg

(Right) Melanotaenia trifasciata "Wonga Creek" (Center) M.trifasciata "Goyder River" (Left) M.trifasciata "Running Creek" female

Let me know what you think. And yes I know the glass is dirty......:blush:

Edited by Jayba

great shot & nice looking fish!

Would you share the technique how you took the pictures?

Usually just a Canon T2i, 100-400 zoom, wireless flash on a piece of glass shooting through a white piece of paper to soften it a bit, a comfy chair about 6 feet away and a ton of looking through a viewfinder. Nothing special really. A ton of cropping to remove things not wanted.