So Excited! Need Ideas Help Appreciated

Jewel

So my retired dad found me a great tank for a fabulous deal so i did what any of us would do... brought it home and asked Shane (my better half) for forgiveness! lol, good thing i am usually well behaved but what do ya know.. he loves it too! :thumbs: We modified the new to me tank and stand a bit this last weekend to be a room divider between the kitchen and the living are and now I am itching to sell what I have for fish and start looking for something else all together. Don't get me wrong, i still like my cichlids but they kind of look like minnows in the new tank!

Right now all i have that i want to keep is my 6" fire eel, he will love growing up in his / her new tank so I am looking for suggestions of what to add to the tank. :rolleyes: I like ghost knife fish and definately want an interesting pleco. I am envisioning some unique inhabitants and hopefully some color but with my new found ADD i can't seem to settle on a direction! Shane's one request was to find "fish that are not fishy fish" I think he meant different body types and basically any thing that does not resemble dinner. Lol, he at least has a sence of humour.

Please, suggest away!

I will post some pics soon, just don't seem to have any charged batteries for the camera :cuss:

If you're wanting to go with a Knife with your eel, I'd add a nice big pleco (there are some beauts out there!) and maybe one or two more big peacefullish fish. Some of the larger Geophagus are nice, as are sevrums. A bichir could be cool as well.

You bet. :) We had tanks and ponds growing up so naturally I had to have them when I moved away from home too. I have had many different set ups over the years from the litlle betta tanks to a planted 20 gallon community tank.The tank that my new one "replaced" was a 55 gallon ( i think) cichlid tank so i am looking for something new all together. This will be the largest tank to date for me (ponds excluded of cource) so i am looking forward to it!

If you're wanting to go with a Knife with your eel, I'd add a nice big pleco (there are some beauts out there!) and maybe one or two more big peacefullish fish. Some of the larger Geophagus are nice, as are sevrums. A bichir could be cool as well.

I don't have to go with a knif fish i have just always thought they were kind of neat. :)I am kind of liking the sharks too! Told you all i had an acute case of ADD trying to contemplate the options!

Edited by Jewel

• 2 weeks later...

if the hubby wants "real" fish, i have some predatory fish for sale, i have spotted florida gars about 12-14 inches, and i have some bullseye snakeheads aka cobra's

i have red or giant snakeheads

i have red tail snakeheads smaller

I have a bowfin, canadian fish similiar in nature and genetic design as the snakeheads b owfins have been around for 150 000 000 years they lived when the dinosaurs were around , crazy

i have a 6 in sengalus standard issue birchir

dont get me wrong i love these fish but, i could always thin out the herd and make room for some of my new MONSTERS that are coming

and no these feed nothing like piranha, these guys are nasty nasty and will eat anything , your eel could definately stay , but your cichlids would be lunch and i have found you a black ghost knife so let me know if your interested at all, i am heading to calgary on sat so need to know before hand

So my retired dad found me a great tank for a fabulous deal so i did what any of us would do... brought it home and asked Shane (my better half) for forgiveness! lol, good thing i am usually well behaved but what do ya know.. he loves it too! :thumbs: We modified the new to me tank and stand a bit this last weekend to be a room divider between the kitchen and the living are and now I am itching to sell what I have for fish and start looking for something else all together. Don't get me wrong, i still like my cichlids but they kind of look like minnows in the new tank!

Right now all i have that i want to keep is my 6" fire eel, he will love growing up in his / her new tank so I am looking for suggestions of what to add to the tank. :rolleyes: I like ghost knife fish and definately want an interesting pleco. I am envisioning some unique inhabitants and hopefully some color but with my new found ADD i can't seem to settle on a direction! Shane's one request was to find "fish that are not fishy fish" I think he meant different body types and basically any thing that does not resemble dinner. Lol, he at least has a sence of humour.

Please, suggest away!

I will post some pics soon, just don't seem to have any charged batteries for the camera :cuss:

if the hubby wants "real" fish, i have some predatory fish for sale, i have spotted florida gars about 12-14 inches, and i have some bullseye snakeheads aka cobra's

I have a bowfin, canadian fish similiar in nature and genetic design as the snakeheads b owfins have been around for 150 000 000 years they lived when the dinosaurs were around , crazy

IMO, only the bichir would fit in a 120, the others would get too big.

just an excuse to buy bigger

go big or go home?.....

IMO, only the bichir would fit in a 120, the others would get too big.