Mystery Shrimp!

DragonNeko

I got 2 moss balls on tuesday, and I it seems a baby shrimp was hiding in one of them. I have a bunch of baby Cherry Shrimp, but this was a bit smaller and had a darker color to it. I took it out about an hour ago and took some pictures. It has a blue tinge to it. I have no idea what it could be. Apparently there were rock shrimp in the tank with the moss balls. I wasn't the one who bought them, another member did and sent them to me (so nice!), but he was sure it said rock shrimp. Though that doesn't mean an employee didn't make a mistake. Anyway, the only shrimp I know of that have a blue color to them are blue pearl shrimp, blue bee shrimp, and blue tiger shrimp. Your help would be very appreciated! :D

Link to photo of the baby shrimp! (the other one is one of my baby Cherry Shrimp): http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/DragonRayne/?action=view&current=MysteryShrimp.jpg

Possible rainbow shrimp. A couple of mine were bluish. I was told they get blue as they get older but mine went dark red. If it is a rainbow it can cross breed with the cherries.

I got 2 moss balls on tuesday, and I it seems a baby shrimp was hiding in one of them. I have a bunch of baby Cherry Shrimp, but this was a bit smaller and had a darker color to it. I took it out about an hour ago and took some pictures. It has a blue tinge to it. I have no idea what it could be. Apparently there were rock shrimp in the tank with the moss balls. I wasn't the one who bought them, another member did and sent them to me (so nice!), but he was sure it said rock shrimp. Though that doesn't mean an employee didn't make a mistake. Anyway, the only shrimp I know of that have a blue color to them are blue pearl shrimp, blue bee shrimp, and blue tiger shrimp. Your help would be very appreciated! :D

Link to photo of the baby shrimp! (the other one is one of my baby Cherry Shrimp): http://s7.photobucke...steryShrimp.jpg

Edited by popcornshrimp

maybe a blue tiger. they start off with blue tinge then as the grow they get more color. you will just have to wait and see! this is exciting!!

Edited by SkyGrl

Possible rainbow shrimp. A couple of mine were bluish. I was told they get blue as they get older but mine went dark red. If it is a rainbow it can cross breed with the cherries.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I don't want it crossbreeding with all my cherries. Though I wouldn't mind having one tank with all mixed shrimp, just to see what I get, lol.

maybe a blue tiger. they start off with blue tinge then as the grow they get more color. you will just have to wait and see! this is exciting!!

I'd be thrilled if it was a blue tiger, but I won't get my hopes up. I love those shrimp so much. Waiting is agonizing >.< I want to know what it is soooo bad. At least it's safe in it's breeding net with it's new brothers and sisters XD

Ahhhh that shrimp looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure it's a neocardinia shrimp meaning it will breed with cherries. I few yrs back I brought a few blue shrimp that had a very similar color as the one you posted but full blue body color and it interbred with my cherries even now I get a few blue purple ones popping up :/. Can't do much right now but wait and see as they grow

Ahhhh that shrimp looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure it's a neocardinia shrimp meaning it will breed with cherries. I few yrs back I brought a few blue shrimp that had a very similar color as the one you posted but full blue body color and it interbred with my cherries even now I get a few blue purple ones popping up :/. Can't do much right now but wait and see as they grow

That is exactly what I've got - some plum/purple ones and a couple super dark red - almost black. Personally I like the variety.

I don't mind if it interbreeds with my cherries. I like blues and purples :) I'm kinda hoping that's what the shrimp is, so I can get more babies, lol

side note were did you find moss balls?

I didn't find then, Sprucegruve did. He was really nice and bought them for me (I'm paying him back next time I see him). He said he found them at a Petsmart in Edmonton...not sure which one though.

Westend beside walmart only 3-4 moss balls left

EDIT- on stonyplain road to be more specific

That's the Petsmart that I lost Shiva (my mini eskimo) last year. That was a horrible 3 days...bad memories when I go there >.> The employees at that Petsmart were so nice and helpful though. They gave Shiva treats and lot's of attention when I found her. Spoiled puppy XD