Hi There Everyone-Fr. Grande Prairie

aquafever

I got involved in aquariums a few years ago and never looked back. (I even took a fish to the vet!),Never in a million years did I think I would get into planted community aquariums, never mind learning everything I could about a "boring" hobby. I soon learnt it was far from boring. Man oh man, I remember walking into a fish store and trying to get the staff to help educate me only to figure out that the best way to get educated was to read, read and read. Some of the stuff I read about didn't make sense at the time, but everything fell into place. Well I am still learning. I love talking and exchanging information with other aquarium enthusiasts. I have heard nothing but great things about this site, so HI to everyone who contributes.

I have

2-10g -planted community

1-55g-plantedcommunity

1-100g-planted and going through a silent cycle

Welcome,

I couldn't agree more with the LFS Staff, Often they have NO CLUE what they are talking about, and often give customers wrong advice about so many different things that i've witnessed and I guess in my opinion. However there is once in a blue moon that staff member that knows exactly what they are talking about, I've spent an hour and a half talking to a man in the West Ed PJ's picking his brain for all the info I could grab.

Coming into this hobby I spent atleast 4 hours a night reading different articles about different things, and it's knowledge that I wouldn't of known without reading. I would have to say the most important knowledge you will gain will be through experience, some bad some good. Hopefully the "Bad" don't push you out of the hobby, It happens to us all. Kicking yourselves for that one SMALL mistake to wipe an entire tank. DOH!!!

Anyways that being said GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Welcome, I once lived in Grande Prairie and I miss it dearly. Lots of great helpful people on here. I also find folks at the LFS mean well with their info but often miss the mark. --> "Sure you can put puffers in with angel fish, they're both aggressive so they will avoid each other" lol anyways enjoy the stay.

You sure got screwed on fish stores in gp lol. The smallest petsmart and i think the smallest petland in canada. Welcome to the forum

Thanks to everyone that replied. Yep Neesmo, your right about the fish stores here in GP. Just so happens that I broke a 10g tank today with a pea puffer in it. (chair fell over and into it.) Had to scramble and went to the LFS and bought a divider for the other 10g. For the love of fish tanks, I guess I am in it for the long run.:)