Sick Cherry Red?

Okotoks

I have a 10 gallon with fluval shrimp substrate with a small amazon sword and tons of dwarf hairgrass with Naja grass. I put in 2 drops of flourish excel each morning. Ph is 6.8, temperature is 25 degrees and I use a HOB as well as a foam filter. Its been running for months now. Five weeks ago I transferred 15 Cherry reds into it, in hopes of creating a large thriving colony. Well last night I noticed one of the females was depositing eggs all over the bare areas of the substrate. I have never watched my shrimp reproduce in the past. Is this normal for them? I had always thought they held the eggs in their swimmerettes until they hatched. Could anyone enlighten me as to what may or may not be the issue?

There is also one otto and a male and a female endler in there. Maybe the 3 fish stress the shrimp out? Thank you for any hints or tips.

Good to know. I returned home to find she had scattered little white eggs all over the dwarf hairgrass. I feel perhaps the 2 Endlers may be too much commotion for her.

I have a 10 gallon with fluval shrimp substrate with a small amazon sword and tons of dwarf hairgrass with Naja grass. I put in 2 drops of flourish excel each morning. Ph is 6.8, temperature is 25 degrees and I use a HOB as well as a foam filter. Its been running for months now. Five weeks ago I transferred 15 Cherry reds into it, in hopes of creating a large thriving colony. Well last night I noticed one of the females was depositing eggs all over the bare areas of the substrate. I have never watched my shrimp reproduce in the past. Is this normal for them? I had always thought they held the eggs in their swimmerettes until they hatched. Could anyone enlighten me as to what may or may not be the issue?

There is also one otto and a male and a female endler in there. Maybe the 3 fish stress the shrimp out? Thank you for any hints or tips.

It's very common for shrimp to drop eggs when they are stressed out. I got a large bag of shrimp and the bottom was covered with little black eggs. They were very stressed out from the move. They should be hatching live shrimplets, so, if you see this happening a lot, that is a sure sign something is amiss. Otherwise I would say it's probably an isolated incident.