Blue Rams From Jonah!

dan11

I've had these for about a week or two now, they are doing really well. Showing some signs of breeding too! Shouldn't be long now! I only have a couple good pictures right now, but I will try to get some more tomorrow. Thanks Jonah!

post-4092-0-22603900-1305865811_thumb.jpg

post-4092-0-86235900-1305865844_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Can't take any credit though, Jonah obviously did a great job raising them. I am really excited to get some fry from these. I'll get some more pictures of them soon. Their blue is much deeper now, and the male is very red. They are great!

Well, they started laying eggs, but in the gravel... I decided to bury a plant leaf right over where they were laying the eggs. After about half an hour, the rams started laying their eggs on the leaf! I think I only got about half of them though... Heres some pictures of the eggs and pictures. Will upload the rest of them later...

Edit: It seems I can't upload the pictures because they are too big, I will resize them , and then upload them later.

post-4092-0-70072100-1305952421_thumb.jpg

Edited by dan11

Sorry for the late reply. I think that the rams are okay in our Alberta water... They are very delicate though. I try to get them in a tank and keep them there. I moved 2 pairs into a 25 gallon tank, figuring I'd take out the pair that hadn't laid eggs. Anyways, after about a day, the rams were very grey. They didn't look good. I moved them all back to my tank, and lost a pair in the proccess. Haven't had a problem since. I think that they are just very delicate.

Egg Update: About 5 eggs turned white. The rest are happily wiggling away in the 10 gallon. Can't take any pictures right now though, too much meth blue in the water. Excited to get these guys swimming. Thanks.

Put up the rest of the pictures on my flickr. Here's my link. The better pictures of the pair are at the bottom. http://www.flickr.com/photos/55691289@N02/

Edited by dan11

I see thanks for the reply. I am thinking of putting them with my discus.but the temp they are used to is around 30degC, I dont wanna kill these fishes by testing them in the process.lol. will they survive high temp and high ph?

I just use water straight from the tap, so I'm sure that they would be fine in your water too.I think that German blues would do very well with your discus. I have also read in many places that Rams do better in higher temperature, but I don't know that for sure. It would make for a great looking tank. I have wanted to get into discus for quite a while, but I don't have the tank space, and I can't set up any more tanks right now. How many do you have? What kinds? I would love to see some pictures! Thanks!

Dan

Stunning fish! Makes me almost wanna try!

Congrats on the spawn!! So exciting! Anxiously awaiting pics of them when they grow! ;)

Thanks! The parents are gorgeous, so I can't wait to get these guys growing. I will continue to update with pictures as they grow, but I can't take any more pictures right now, as the methylene blue in their tank doesn't allow for good pictures. Thanks!

Dan