Anyone Know How To Stop My Pieblad Clarius Cat From

macdre

Hello all...

i have a strange question for you , any input or advice would be appreciated

in my predator tank i have 3 pie bald clarius catfish, very cool fish , love em fun to watch BUT....

when the lights go out for the night they are driving me INSANEshock.gif. i shut down the lights on my tank minding my own business chillin out watchin Mantracker and i can hear a splash followed by a whole bunch of splashin followed by the sound of what i thought was a fish on the floor, not the case however it seems these things when the lights go out want to swim upstream into my aq 110's, its like they are damn salmon trying to go up a water fall to spawn and it is driving me up the friggin wall does anyone know why they would do this..... not to mention that my wife typically gets up before me in the am and twice now i have been in "trouble" because she half asleep has stepped in a "lake" of water from these catfish.

they are all super well fed and my other fish arent hassleing them, i have acctually sat in my kitchen in the dark to CSI what the hell is happening and there is no rhyme or reason for it at lights out they start this crap, they'll go for a half hour or so ... then nothing for 2 3 hours then back at it again, now im certain that these thing had the not run into my biocubes would make it in there, so does anyone know how i can stop them from doing that??

any thoughts would be appreciated.

i get into enough trouble with the wife all on my own these cats are gonna get me killed lol

ahhh

good tips , any idea WHY they are doing that?, unsure.gif

Eggcrate, cut it up and slide it into the front of the filter. I used this when growing out my old arowana. The eggcrate can be cut perfectly to pop right into the outtake of the filter.

ahhh

Eggcrate, cut it up and slide it into the front of the filter. I used this when growing out my old arowana. The eggcrate can be cut perfectly to pop right into the outtake of the filter.

In nature they are known to be able to crawl overland to new water habitats. Perhaps another way nature has provided them to colonize new territory. Could be they are just doing what comes naturally!

true, natural instincts ... but annoying instincts

ahhh

In nature they are known to be able to crawl overland to new water habitats. Perhaps another way nature has provided them to colonize new territory. Could be they are just doing what comes naturally!

Hello all...

i have a strange question for you , any input or advice would be appreciated

in my predator tank i have 3 pie bald clarius catfish, very cool fish , love em fun to watch BUT....

when the lights go out for the night they are driving me INSANEshock.gif. i shut down the lights on my tank minding my own business chillin out watchin Mantracker and i can hear a splash followed by a whole bunch of splashin followed by the sound of what i thought was a fish on the floor, not the case however it seems these things when the lights go out want to swim upstream into my aq 110's, its like they are damn salmon trying to go up a water fall to spawn and it is driving me up the friggin wall does anyone know why they would do this..... not to mention that my wife typically gets up before me in the am and twice now i have been in "trouble" because she half asleep has stepped in a "lake" of water from these catfish.

they are all super well fed and my other fish arent hassleing them, i have acctually sat in my kitchen in the dark to CSI what the hell is happening and there is no rhyme or reason for it at lights out they start this crap, they'll go for a half hour or so ... then nothing for 2 3 hours then back at it again, now im certain that these thing had the not run into my biocubes would make it in there, so does anyone know how i can stop them from doing that??

any thoughts would be appreciated.

i get into enough trouble with the wife all on my own these cats are gonna get me killed lol

You could try switching to a canister filter with the return lower in the tank then they might not splash so much

I don't know why they do it but I have the same problem with my Syno petricola. My tank is right next to my bed and about 2-3 hours after the tank lights go off, usually when i'm trying to fall asleep, they start splashing and trying to jump up the filter outflow. I haven't figured out a way to stop them but I constructed a piece out of coroplast that fits over the AC110. It covers the gap between the filter and the glass top and I also make sure the sponge in the filter is blocking it so they can't actually get into the filter box. This hasn't stopped them from splashing but its given me piece of mind knowing they can't jump out or get stuck in the filter.

Well thank you all for the tips and thoughts, but i just traded my filters around so lets see em swim up the outlet on my rena

hahaha.

I don't know why they do it but I have the same problem with my Syno petricola. My tank is right next to my bed and about 2-3 hours after the tank lights go off, usually when i'm trying to fall asleep, they start splashing and trying to jump up the filter outflow. I haven't figured out a way to stop them but I constructed a piece out of coroplast that fits over the AC110. It covers the gap between the filter and the glass top and I also make sure the sponge in the filter is blocking it so they can't actually get into the filter box. This hasn't stopped them from splashing but its given me piece of mind knowing they can't jump out or get stuck in the filter.