Snail Proofing

425nm

I have a 75 gallon I'd like to plant. However it contains two two inch diameter Ramshorn snails. Does anyone know of any relatively snail proof plants? So fast growing or just unappealing to snails.

I also have a bristle nosed pleco, though he hasn't shown any interest in the plants I have in there so far: Heteranthera zosterifolia(I think that's what it is), java fern and some pygmy chain sword.

In addition to this I have a Geophagus jurapari so plants that will anchor themselves firmly would be good too.

I do have CO2 going on it, some in-substrate fertilizer (not very good stuff though) and what claim to be plant lights(they are phillips though).

Once you get your plants and CO2 going, you won't really have a snail problem. The CO2 dissolves their shells. I had a 120 gal planted that had other stuff in it before - the sand was full of snails. After about a year, there are no snails left.

Okay cool, secound question. Geophagus jurapari "proof" plants? excluding driftwood attached plants.

Once you get your plants and CO2 going, you won't really have a snail problem. The CO2 dissolves their shells. I had a 120 gal planted that had other stuff in it before - the sand was full of snails. After about a year, there are no snails left.

Unless your Geo is full grown, the plants will be fine - just keep a nice open area where he can still sift thru the sand. I've had a few different Geos do fine in planted tanks.