My Tank

stsetter

Hi there, I am currently setting up a 15 right now and it has two Bolivian Red Rams, two Electric Blue Rams, one Otto, and about five Amano Shrimp. I was thinking of doing either a pair of Gold Rams or a pair of Apistos. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which way I should go? This tank will be upgraded in about a month to at least a 33g and at any one time I have a pair of rams in my fry tank as I am attempting to breed them. I am trying to maintain water quality at 6.5 pH, and a temp around 82.5 F. Also as you can tell, with the exception of the shrimp, this is a SA tank set-up

To add any more cichlids to the tank, you'll need A LOT of hiding spots. It'll take layering of caves, wood and plants. In the wild, they live in many layers of leaf litter and root tangles - lots of things to hide in and break up line-of-sight.

To add any more cichlids to the tank, you'll need A LOT of hiding spots. It'll take layering of caves, wood and plants. In the wild, they live in many layers of leaf litter and root tangles - lots of things to hide in and break up line-of-sight.

+1

I would wait till you upgrade before you add anything else. If you go with gold rams they would fight with the regulars as if they are the same. So the hiding spots are a must.

I added some drift wood today and will be picking up a ton of small/medium sized rocks this weekend to make more hiding spots. I have however decided to wait on my two L134 places, two rams and two apistos till I can get the bigger tank running. I figure I might as well make sure I can keep the four I have alive before I add some more. But thanks for the input!