Slightly Cloudy Water And Surface 'slime' After Wc In Cgy

Did anyone else experienced cloudy water and a dusty surface 'slime' after a water change using tap water a couple weeks ago in Calgary? My 31G tank seemed kinda cloudy for a bit and the slime on the surface wouldnt go away even with the paper towel trick, surface agitation and a subsequent water change. The slime would 'break' at feeding time when my sinking pellets break the surface but quickly rejoined into the surface slime. My 58 Gallon that I didnt do a water change on that week didnt experience the same problems. However when I transferred one plant from the 31G to the 58 the surface of the 58 got a bit of the dusty slick look on the water surface which the following day covered the entire surface but no where close to the levels of the 31G was seeing.

I am guessing it was some sort of algae bloom (heading to green water) that came in from the water change and since I usually dose half my ferts at WC time and the rest a week later I think this only fed the algae. I was getting tired of the surface scum and slight cloudiness after a couple weeks and I decided to dose both the tanks with 4 and 5 ml of hydrogen peroxide a couple hours after lights on for the different tanks. Since it breaks down with light into its constituent components I figured it wouldn't hurt to experiment and about 30 minutes after adding it to the 31G my plants were pearling like mad and my canister filters were spitting out air bubbles like crazy and only minor bubbling from a couple plants in the 58G probably due to the lower concentration. This made me slightly worried I may have dosed too much but also made me think I was on the right track since I have seen similar bubbling to occur when spraying hydrogen peroxide or excel directly onto black brush algae. 2 days of this dosing and the cloudiness /surface slime disappeared. The water is crystal clear now and all my tank flora and fauna have shown no signs of problems.

Just curious if anyone else may have experienced this recently.

Mine went away with the 2 days of hydrogen peroxide dosing and hasn't come back. The surface slime really only looks like the water surface is dusty rather than greasy like if you over fed. I wonder if GIJester's problem is the same thing since we are both in the NW and likely getting our water from the same water treatment plant.