Ro Water

Now I am kind of a newbie when it comes to the use of RO water. I know that it may adjust your pH but I also assumed that it would lower the GH aswell because the minerals should be filtered out by the RO unit.

Now I filled up one of those reusable water jugs from Safeway and added it to my shrimp tank, obviously I added prime as a precautionary measure. I took out some water from the tank split the difference and 5050 tank water / RO. so far I have done this the last few days to not change things too fast. BUt the GH is not coming down.

So i decided to test the RO water and it is as hard as nails. Am I looking at this wrong or is the RO unit at Safeway not working very well?

I will read more on this but I was hoping that someone on here may have ran into a simialr issue and has a solution.

THanks

I'd check your test kit b/c RO should be quite soft. If your kit is good, then I'd think your RO unit is defective.