90G Upgrade Project

Vitaminz

So Got a free 90g custom tank from a friend of mine, and finally got around to setting it up. Transfered all my livestock, corals and live rock from the 50g tank at my work. Also purchase 25lb of base rock to add to the take as well. So here are the pictures from about 1 week after the setup and transfer:

_DSC0938.jpg

_DSC0939.jpg

_DSC0943.jpg

_DSC0947.jpg

_DSC0946.jpg

_DSC0945.jpg

• 4 months later...
Of sure what most of that stuff is, but it sure looks cool. Was that a little crab in the corner? Picture quality is fabulous!

That little guy is a decorator crab, he is one of my kids favourites to watch in the tank. If unsure of any of the corals, just ask, to many names to list...lol

Jeff

• 2 months later...

So it has been a weee bit since the last update. So I have finally hitched on the LED wagon and got a wicked deal on 2 LED lights. So I took down my 2x250MH and 2 T5 light and started in on mounting the LED so that it hangs. Had to re-wire the LED fixtures as the cords were a little frayed, not a big deal, fixed in an hour and 2 beers. They have been up and running over my tank since Friday, no bleaching or anything, so think it may be safe to put the old light up on the buy and sell section soon. Also installed some remote control RGB LED moon lights into the canopy. Now onto the picture:

LED Lights:

111.jpg

113.jpg

115.jpg

114.jpg

124.jpg

123.jpg

122.jpg

Tank Photo's:

With just the Blue's on:

126.jpg

With just the White's on:

131.jpg

Both on:

135.jpg

Random Shots:

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

130.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

I've now bought a few of the lower end LEDs and have notice a significant reduction in brightness after the first day. Have you noticed anything like that with your new lights?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I decided instead of suspending my lights above the tank, That I would create a shelf for the units to sit on. Also added 2 Ecoray 60D to the Unbranded China LED Fixtures. Still have to do some cable management, so excuse the messy cords. Did this last night, so it was pretty late, when I was done.

20120803_010310.jpg

20120803_010244.jpg

20120803_010218.jpg

20120803_010212.jpg

• 2 months later...