New Tank

Newman

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share our news with you all. We have our 55 gallon up and running now, its starting to look good now.

We have also just found a bargain that we couldn't resist. We have found a 260 Gallon tank and stand for $500. Its an 8ft long Aquagiant with nice curved corners at the front. We are excited to pick it up but we have to develop the basement before we set it all up so that will be a project for the future.

Does anyone have any comments on an Aquagiant tank, good or bad?

Also how do i edit my profile so you can all see what i have in my 55 gallon so far! You know so it appears every time i post.

Steve

I know people who swear by AG tanks, and I know people who swear at AG tanks - hopefully, you will be in the former group! I currently own a normal (squared corner) AG tank that has been fine for me, and had gone thru a couple moves. I love big tanks, so I'm really excited for you!

I have edited my signature to list the different tanks that I have - that's how most of us do it.

Well before i get my 260 Gallon set up i think i need to learn more from my 55 Gallon.

I know have Ich and i cant get my Nitirite level below 3

Any suggestions, we have done 2 days of 25% water changes and medication for the Ich. The Nitrite level is dropping but very slowly.

Your tank hasn't cycled. Read up on the nitrogen cycle. Don't add any more fish, maybe get some Prime which helps detoxify nitrite, get some floating plants.

Thanks Jason,

What floating plants would you suggest?

Why hasnt the tank cycled yet? The water was perfect up till a few days ago!

I put some prime in last night after the water change and the treatment for Ich, I'm planning on another 25% water change tonight. Do you think that is a good idea?

Do you have any plants for sale, I see you are also in the park.

Depending on lighting, my first choice would be Salvinia in a med light tank, but it tends to be hard to come by. I have a bunch of duckweed you can have, but you better like the stuff bc you'll never be rid if it. Najas an hornwort are also good.

How long has your tank been set up for? If it's new, the your tank hasn't cycled at all. If it's been up and had good parameters for more than a month, then you've just had a mini cycle. Add a bunch of fish lately? Clean all your filters out? Those will cause your tank to cycle again.